When our dear Norma nags, people listen. Maybe it's because when our dear Norma nags, it's about something totally nagworthy.
A week or so ago when I checked in on Norma she was nagging us that it's not too late to knit a scarf for the Red Scarf Project!! That was January 21st. The scarfs don't have to be sent until February 1st! I thought many things.
- It's so nice that there has been such a great response to Norma's Red Scarf Project this year
- Too bad I didn't plan better and I could have knit a red scarf (nag starting to take effect)
- I have no red yarn in my stash to make a last minute scarf
- (at Wal Mart later that day) Maybe there's some kind of red yarn here that I wouldn't hate using for the Red Scarf Project
- (still at Wal Mart) There is not one skein of red yarn here that I would use for the Red Scarf Project
- (...still) Hm. There is some natural colored Lion Wool here. I know it takes dye.
Two skeins of wool and a few drops of RIT DYE later, I had some yarn that I believe falls in the red family.
And kept thinking of this "hugs and kisses" scarf.... x's and o's.... where had I seen it. WHERE had I seen it??
I kept swatching. For an entire evening. At least five different attempts. I tried Scarf style - nothing really worked with this yarn. And there were already so many Irish Hiking Scarfs in Norma's scarf photo gallery. If only I knew where that x's and o's scarf pattern was. (I can hear many of you saying "DUH!")
When Norma nags I listen. She tells about her Red Scarf Project Field Trip on her blog. That post tells me that I've picked the right pattern. And tells me that putting every other project on hold to knit this scarf was a good choice. I'm going to start knitting red scarfs for next year as soon as I can. :)
No, I'm not knitting in the attic now. For some reason I thought it was a place to find good light. If nothing else, at least it shows the pattern texture nicely.
For now it's time to get myself dressed and take the babies to Wichita for a Birthday Lunch with their Daddy!
Everybody have a great week!! :)