All right. So I don't really do memes. And I pretty much never respond to whatever people send around and want you to reply back if you're their friend, etc. But I've had a sudden blast from the past with all the high school classmates showing up on FaceBook since I joined about two months ago. It's like an internet game of telephone and friends are telling friends to get a FaceBook page cause they're missing out. I really like it way more than I expected to.
A friend of mine posted a "25 Things About Me" list a few days ago and explained that since so many people are reading her page that she hasn't seen since high school she would do the list. That prompted me to do it as well but my list turned into 100 things, which I never never been inclined to do on my blog because I didn't think there could possibly be 100 things about me that I would be willing to make public record of. It worked out okay, so here's my list - mostly made for the non-knitters that I know so there's probably some "duh" stuff here for my knitting friends. :)
100 Things About Me
1. I often forget to introduce myself as Myself - I generally say "I'm ____'s Mom.... uhh... er, oh, and my name is...." and if it's a non-kid related occasion I don't introduce myself at all if I can avoid it and I think that makes me seem unfriendly.
2. I never think anyone is looking at me.
3. The main rooms of my house have no window coverings.
4. I'm the loudest shy person you'll ever meet.
5. I've been married twice.
6. I have five kids and they're finally all out of diapers.
7. I knit so much that it's not just a hobby - it's a lifestyle.
8. I have a crazy amount of yarn in my house but I don't feel like I have any stash at all and when I go looking for something am always surprised to see yarn I had forgotten about.
9. I never get rid of books of any kind including ones I don't want.
10. I got married the first time when I was 17.
11. All of our wedding presents and every personal thing I owned were stolen during our honeymoon and never recovered.
12. I took piano lessons from 4th - 12th grade and still play for pleasure.
13. I played flute in band from 6th - 8th grade and have recently played my daughter's flute with the choir at church (my flute was stolen with the wedding gifts).
14. I lived in Crawford, Texas before President Bush bought property there.
15. I love to spin yarn from any fiber but especially from sheep wool that I have processed myself.
16. I am a born again Christian but am still having a hard time learning how to tell others about Jesus.
17. I think this is a self esteem or confidence issue so I keep praying that living by example and in service to others is what my role as a Christian is supposed to be right now.
18. I have wanted to spin yarn since seeing someone doing it at Greenfield Villiage when I was in high school.
19. Since I left home after graduation and was only around older people I couldn't picture what anyone my own age was doing with their life so in my mind my classmates have never aged, had kids or got married, and are all still in college.
20. I didn't go to college because I was convinced that my grades were too bad so I don't have a clue about the process and am learning about it now that my son is getting ready for that stage of life.
21. Marching bands always make me cry.
22. I used to promise my brother Jason that I would kill him someday for taking such joy from annoying me, so I tell people that's why he lives in El Salvador.
23. I believe beyond question that God answers prayers.
24. I once prayed for a friend and her daughter's safety at the same moment that she had a car accident.
25. The other two people in her car died.
26. Spiders and snakes and giant flying roaches and tarantulas startle me, but I can't think of anything I'm truly afraid of.
27. Some of the nicest people I know are ones I have met through my blog and Ravelry and I might never meet them but feel like I know them better than my neighbors and many personal acquaintances.
28. I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
29. A goal of mine is to reverse my diabetes and high blood pressure with lifestyle changes - specifically exercise, diet, and weight loss.
30. A goal of mine is to have a yarn shop in El Dorado.
31. A goal of mine is to have a fiber farm with sheep and host retreats.
32. A goal of mine is to live debt free.
33. I read about ADD several years ago and decided that I have ADD which explains a lot about my school years academically.
34. Knowing about the ADD still doesn't help with my prioritizing issues.
35. I obsess over making sure things always go in the same spot - everything has a home.
36. If something isn't put away exactly where it goes I think it's missing - even if it's just somewhere nearby to its "proper place".
37. My family gets very irritated with me about this obsession and I get irritated with them about it.
38. Anyone that's been in my house lately probably doesn't believe me that everything has a place.
39. I prefer vintage over new if the vintage object/appliance/tool still functions properly.
40. I wear my shoes socks underwear and bras until they wear out.
41. Bras wear out first, underwear last.
42. I prefer to wear hand knit wool socks in the winter.
43. I have never had a passport.
44. The only time I've left the United States was when we would vacation on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls when I was a kid.
45. I would like to visit my brother in El Salvador, but not to kill him.
46. I never went into a bar or had an alcoholic drink until I was 29.
47. I don't recommend divorce to anyone.
48. I didn't begin feeling like an adult until after I was divorced.
49. I would rather die than ever divorce again.
50. I had five kids before one finally looked like me.
51. My shortest labor was 1 hour.
52. My last delivery ended in c-section because I wanted to be induced so I could travel and see my sister for Thanksgiving.
53. I'm more proud of my children than I could ever express and wonder very often how it's possible that they have such good grades, are so self-confident and independent and are so much wiser than I was at their ages.
54. I'm always surprised at how much our dog seems to love me.
55. I've only had one speeding ticket in my life though I also got a ticket once for running a red light.
56. I was taken to jail on my son's birthday for not paying the red light ticket.
57. Jail was a nasty disgusting place to be even for just a few hours.
58. Even though I'm a stay at home mom now, I used to enjoy going to interviews and was sometimes disappointed when I got a job because I didn't get to interview any more.
59. It has never bothered me or made me sad when my children started school but the thought of my son going to college and moving out of the house makes me very sad.
60. I hope that he will go to college somewhere close enough that we can see him on long weekends.
61. I grew up in a house decorated with bold colors and it was sensory shock to visit that house again after moving away to a place with white walls and tan carpet.
62. I love to be surrounded by bold colors in my house now.
63. My parents didn't seem to age until I left home.
64. My parents divorced when I was 29.
65. I recently (stupidly) threw away the first thing I ever knit from a pattern.
66. I lived in the Waco, TX area (Crawford) when the Branch Davidian/David Koresh standoff was happening.
67. I lived in the Wichita, KS (El Dorado) area when the BTK killer was found.
68. I now live in the town where the BTK killer is in prison.
69. I never suspect any woman is a lesbian.
70. I sometimes suspect men living straight lifestyles are secretly gay.
71. I can't count the number of times I have read Gone With The Wind or how many times I've watched the movie.
72. I always thought Rhett should have given Scarlette another chance.
73. My last boyfriend in high school said he always thought I would marry him and asked for another chance when I told him of my engagement.
74. For over twenty years I wondered if I did the right thing by getting married to someone else.
75. I was profoundly grieved when I learned of his recent death.
76. I finally knew that I had made the right choice.
77. I lived in Kansas when the tornado struck Greensburg in May 2007 and tore up the whole town.
78. I hosted a knitting project to make afghans for families in Greensburg and delivered 50 afghans there in March 2008.
79. I still have enough squares to make about 50 more afghans for Greensburg families.
80. Squares for 50 afghans takes up a lot of space.
81. I love fishing camping and hiking.
82. I have never taken my children fishing camping or hiking.
83. I love taking lots of candid photos of my family and friends.
84. I refuse to hang pictures in a room until I have acquired the furniture items that I feel will make the room complete.
85. I have a lot of framed prints and photos in boxes waiting to be hung even though I have lived here 3 1/2 years.
86. I collect vintage floral hooked rugs, wind-up clocks, and things decorated with morning glories.
87. I have the world's largest collection of music boxes that play Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
88. I prefer Dana Girl Mysteries to Nancy Drew.
89. I have never served beets to my family so I have no idea whether they would like them or not.
90. I prefer to live where there are well defined seasons and there's enough snow and cold for winter sports.
91. I can't keep up with all of my good intentions.
92. I have a growing number of single socks and mittens waiting for the match to be knit.
93. Some will never get a match and I'm okay with that.
94. I love teaching people to knit and spin and seeing how much happiness it brings to their life.
95. When I started dyeing yarn I didn't think anyone would want to buy it.
96. I am still surprised when people buy my yarn.
97. I love giving things away on FreeCycle.
98. Estate sale and auction bargains make me ridiculously happy.
99. I feel close and bonded with my husband's long-time friends even though I really don't know them.
100. I can't believe I thought of this many things to write about - bless your heart if you read this far.
And today's my husband Jeff's Birthday! Happy Birthday Sweetie. I hope you like the somewhat healthy whole wheat chocolate cake that I'm making you. :D
Everybody take good care of every little thing and maybe I'll post again in the reasonably near future! XOXOXOXOXOX